With 15 years of experience as a Graphic and Web Designer, my background includes working in creative agencies in Ontario and Alberta, in-house corporate design, and freelancing.
After graduating college with a Graphic Design Advanced Diploma in 2005, I landed my first design gig as a production artist in London, Ontario. In that position I was able to learn the detail work of repairing film on drafting boards, prepping art for dies, and even designing the roll-up-the-rim to win for Timmy’s! Although I enjoyed the hands-on approach to design work, I decided to return to college for another year to further my web and video skills. The additional diploma in Multi-Media Design & Production led me to attain an incredibly versatile position in Sarnia, Ontario at a media agency. In that role I worked on everything from logo design, print design, and web design to animation, 3D modelling and special effects and editing for video.
When I moved to Alberta in 2008 I worked in another media agency and was able to continue using my expanded skill set. Once I returned to Ontario I decided to focus on website design and attained a position as a Website Designer for an educational institution. While in this position, I’ve not only designed a 4000 page responsive website from the ground-up as the sole website designer within a small team, but I’ve also learned many branding, communication, analytical, technical, data analysis and leadership skills.
Throughout my career I have always freelance designed for clients. This has allowed me to keep my portfolio fresh and provide services to those who need it.
I’ve been in the industry for well over a decade and I still love to learn and am passionate about design. I love the endless opportunities for creativity and problem solving!
- MultiMedia Design and Production Diploma | Fanshawe College | 2005–2006
- Graphic Design Advanced Diploma | Fanshawe College | 2002–2005
Courses & Conferences
- Design Thinkers | RGD | 2018, 2017
- Information Architecture | Akendi | 2018
- Google Tag Manager | Cardinal Path | 2017
- SEO for Higher Ed | Higher Ed Experts | 2017
- Support Staff Leadership | Lambton College | 2016
- Google Analytics | Cardinal Path | 2015
- English, Statistics and Philosophy Courses | Athabasca University | 2012
- DSLR Photography | Lambton College | 2010